Our Meter Installation and validation course is nationally accredited and offers candidates the skills and knowledge to become an irrigation meter installer and validator. This training course provides a hands-on learning experience and in-field assessment on candidates skill and knowledge in accordance with the Australian standard AS4747, when installing and validating non-urban water meters in rural environments.
- Extensive knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety
- The ability to identify and apply procedures according to risks and impacts on environment.
- A better understanding of site preparation, construction work and site restoration.
- Experience with hands-on field assessment of meter installations and working near a utility service during construction.
- A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to become responsible for installing and validating rural water meters. This course provides candidates with an incredible opportunity to gain a nationally recognised certificate.
Become a Certified Meter Installer and Validator
It is a requirement in most State/Territories that rural water meters must be installed and/or validated by a Certified Meter Installer and Validator (DQP). A Certified Meter Installer and Validator is an industry professional who can install and validate rural water meters according to the Australian Standards and as laid out in the National Framework for Non-Urban Water Metering Policy Paper.
How to become certified?
After successful completion of the three day meter installation and validation course and satisfying all the competency requirements, you will become a Certified Meter Installer and Validator – CMI.